Friday, January 21, 2011

My new love: Fair Isle


This Fair Isle hat is my most recent finished object (FO) and I loooooove it!!!

Fair Isle is a style of knitting I have wanted to learn for quite sometime but I have always been too intimidated. What I discovered as I was knitting along is that it looks much more intimidating than it actually is. This is something that continually happens in my knitting, learning a new technique is always easier than it appears to be.
So now that I feel I have conquered my fears of Fair Isle I am obsessed with it! I plan on knitting some Fair Isle Christmas stockings for us. A nice heirloom piece for the boys to have and keep. I have an heirloom Christmas stocking my grandmother made for me that is completely gorgeous. I love it so much I tried to replicate one for my husband and while it is nice it is nowhere near as lovely as mine that Nana made. I am a knitter not a seamstress. So I will place my heirloom stocking in safe keeping and make some new ones that all match for this new little family I have created. :)
A pic of my most favorite FO to date....

No comments:

Post a Comment