Monday, January 24, 2011

2 easy fish dinners

Both of these recipes are from 29 Minutes to Dinner, The Pampered Chef cookbook. My Mom is a Pampered Chef fanatic and gets all kinds of free stuff from hosting Pampered Chef parties at her house. She has double of just about all their products so she then passes along things to me. As a result of her dedication to Pampered Chef I have received several cookbooks, a garlic press, a slap chop, measuring cups, and a steamer! Yay Mom!

So here are the recipes!

Garam Masala Salmon

Raita (yogurt sauce):

2tsp freshly grated gingerroot (I found 2tsp to be a little much. I may use 1-1/2tsp less next time)
1 lemon = 1 tsp of juice
3/4 cup plain low fat yogurt
1 pressed or finely chopped garlic clove
1/8tsp ground cumin
1/4tsp salt
1tbsp cilantro

Mix all the indgredents in a small bowl.

Salmon and Zucchini:
2 boneless salmon fillets
1/4 tsp salt
2tsp olive oil
1/2 tsp garam masala spic blend (Indian spice blend you should find in your grocery store)
3 small zucchini

NOTES: *Try to find "Wild Caught" salmon. I found out that Farm Raised salmon is really just white fish and they inject it with dye to make it look pink!!!!! Gross! Spring for the real thing.

* I just used 1 large zucchini and and still had leftovers.

* I forgot to find the garam masala at the store and just used cumin, salt, and cayenne pepper to season my salmon. It was still super tasty!

Salmon:
Season salmon with salt and place in 1/4 cup of raita. Turn to coat salmon.

Heat oil in pan over medium heat with the garam masala till fragrant.

Add salmon to pan and cook for 3-4 minutes on both sides or until browned.

While salmon is cooking use a vegetable peeler to peel ribbons of zucchini.

Place zucchini ribbon on plate and drizzle remaining raita over ribbons.
Place salmon on top.


Voila!!!!




340 Calories and 30 grams of protein!!



Grilled Tilapia with Pineapple Salsa

Pineapple Salsa:

1/2 medium fresh pineapple

1/4 small red onion

1 serrano pepper (I used a pablano pepper b/c I couldn't find serrano)

2tbsp cilantro

1/8tsp salt

1 lime

Trim and core pineapple. Cut 1/2 the pineapple into strips. Grill pineapple on a medium-high heat grill pan or saute pan. (I used a saute pan). Grill until pineapple is lightly browned on both sides, aprox 2-3 min.

Finely dice the remaining indgredients (excluding the lime) and combine in a bowl. After pineapple is cooked chop and add to mixture. Zest lime to measure 1tbs of juice and zest 1tsp. Add to bowl and mix all ingredients well.


Tilapia:

1 packet of taco seasoning mix (I got the original mix, but could have had for more spice. Next time I will get the spicy mix.)

3tbsp olive oil

4 boneless, skinless tilapia fillets (At my grocery store they have this fish SUPER cheap! I can get 4 frozen fillets for $4.99!)

Mix oil and taco seasoning mix in bowl and marinate fillets. Cook tilapia in a medium-high heat pan on both sides for 2-3 minutes or until it flakes easily with a fork. Remove from pan and top with pineapple salsa.


Voila!


Sorry this pic is half eaten! I forgot to take a pic!!!
240 Calories, 23 grams of protein!
This salsa is soooo yummy! This is one I will most definitely take again. :)

~Em

No comments:

Post a Comment