Thursday, January 27, 2011

Ike Taylor and Swagology

The praise and worship band at our church has been struggling for awhile now. They finally seem to be getting into a groove and things have improved, but it is still not up to par. However, being a person with a degree in music I probably have higher standards than most so I guess they get a little bit of a pass.

Anyway, this past Sunday (the Sunday Jay and I just sat in the lobby and talked) I admitted something to Jason. I prefaced my statment with this, "Now this is going to sound really really arrogant." To which he laughed and said, "Uh Oh." So here goes my confession. I told him that I sometimes think about joining the worship team just so they will sound better. I KNOW I KNOW that makes me sound like a horrible horrible person right????? I felt so guilty after I had said it.

Jason then began to tell me about Ike Taylor and Swagology. Ike Taylor is a football player who plays for the Steelers. When he tells me this I think, "OF COURSE Jason is going to make a football analogy. He always does." But I let him finish. Ike Taylor apparently has a degree in Swagology. No I am not kidding. What is Swagology you ask?? Well let me tell you... Swag is the sweet spot between being confident and cocky. You are more than confident but you aren't an asshole and therefore you have SWAG.

So Jason thinks my statement doesn't mean I am arrogant it just means I have Swag. I'll take it. Even if it is completely made up. :)

~Em

1 comment: