Sunday, February 6, 2011

Be Still

Lately I have been thinking a lot about my life and the progession it has taken. I can honestly say that today I am the person I always envisioned myself to be. I can also say truthfully that I am on the path to being the person I want to be. There is always work to be done. There is a real satisfaction that comes with knowing who you are and that you will always be ok with yourself no matter what.

I tend to be a real worrier. I find myself constantly trying to plan everything which always causes me undue stress. Because when does anything go according to plan? Never.

I have found myself reciting "Be still, and know that I am God" (Psalm 46:10) a lot to myself over the past 2 years. It is so simple but it really brings me peace when I find myself overwhelmed.

I think this little meditation I do has been the reason for my truly blessed life. It reminds me that I am not in control and He knows the desires of my heart. Hasn't He always come through for me? Why do I doubt? It makes no sense!

So I try to remind myself to take a deep breath and be still.

~E

No comments:

Post a Comment