Sunday, February 13, 2011

For all you pregos out there...

I highly recommend this book to anyone who is pregnant or trying to get pregnant! This book is basically a compliation of diffferent birth stories told through the eyes of the MD. The Dr. is not an OBGYN but a family practitioner who has adopted a Midwifery Model of care when it comes to caring for her patients during pregnancy and delivery. She shows through the book that even though you are in a hospital you can still have the kind of birth experience want.

Homebirth is a great option for women who want it and have the means and opportunity to do so. I considered having homebirths with my kiddos, but due to insurance reasons it was not in the cards for us. I wish I had read this book before I had my first baby. I think then I wouldn't have seen the hospital as such an intimidating place. Like the hospital was some giant hurdle that I needed to overcome in order to have the kind of birth experience I wanted. Not so.
You can achieve all the joy, all the empowerment, and all the feelings of triumph and still have your baby in a hospital. I think this book portrays that beautifully.

No comments:

Post a Comment