Friday, February 18, 2011

Easy easy easy Chix curry

So really love Indian food and have always been scared to try and make it myself at home. Every recipe I would find involved a gazillion spices I couldn't even pronounce or find and took WAAAAAY too much time to prepare. I just don't have the time to be in the kitchen all evening. So when I found this recipe and tasted its yumminess I was over the moon!! I have made it twice now! Here is the simplified version:

Ingredients:

Chicken (As much as you need to feed your family)

Carrots (" ")

1 Red Onion

Yellow Curry Powder

Cayenne Pepper

1 can of Coconut Milk

Whole grain rice or couscous


Chop chicken, carrots, and onion into approximately 1 inch pieces. Season chicken bites with salt and pepper and brown in large saucepan. Remove after browned. Add a little more oil to the pan and saute the carrots and onion until carrots are softened but still somewhat firm. Return the chicken to the pan. Add 1/4 tsp of Cayenne pepper and 1Tblsp of Curry powder. Then add the coconut mimlk. Bring up to a simmer and cook until the chicken is cooked all the way through. Serve with rice or couscous.


YUMMY! You can add more or less cayenne depending on how much heat you like. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment