Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Spirituality and Motherhood

These two things just don't really go well together for me these days. At least, that has been my experience. Number one reason why: Who the hell has the time???!?!??!? Sure, I would love to meditate and have some quiet time to myself every now and then but when does that happen? I would love to sit and contemplate whats going on in the world today and politics, but first I need to figure out whats for dinner, how I'm going to make $100 stretch into groceries for 2 weeks, and keep a 20 month entertained enough all day that he will actually sleep through the night. And those are just a few things! The list goes on, and on, and on, and on, and on... I feel like all the advice on TV these days is about slowing down and taking time for yourself and how you need to put yourself back on the priority list, blah blah blah. I truly believe those people don't have kids or have full time nannies at least. This post is really just a rant. I just want to tell all those gurus to shove it! Maybe one day when my kids are grown and can take care of themselves I will meditate and "know myself" but currently, my spiritual fulfillment comes in a glass of wine at the end of what is always a very very long day. Thats all.

2 comments:

  1. The 6 Second Prayer for Busy Mothers...

    Lord,
    1) THANK YOU for this day, and my family,
    2) HELP ME through this day, and all it's decisions,
    3) Let me help SOMEONE ELSE this day.

    AMEN!!

    ReplyDelete