Thursday, April 28, 2011

Cable Easter Vests



These little vests were nearly the death of me!! They turned out very cute and I am very glad I did them, but they became SUCH A PAIN IN THE ASS!!!


First of all, the directions were completely and utterly confusing. I don't know how anyone gets a pattern published with the direction, "Ending on a wrong side row" in there. What the hell does that mean!?!? Everytime I thought I had it figured out, I didn't, and ended up having to read the instructions backwards most of the time. And I made this vest TWICE! So frustrating!!



What makes me the most angry about it all is that I KNOW there is a better way to say what she means! I have knit Debbie Bliss patterns before and never had such a difficult time. It baffles me that this pattern probably went through multiple tests before being published and NOBODY had the same issue as me? I find that incredibly hard to believe.



Now that I have vented I will say again that I do like the vests and I am glad that I made them. However, I will not be knitting from this pattern again and I fear it has tainted my love for all that is Debbie Bliss.



~Emily






1 comment:

  1. OMG I'm knitting this right now and am struggling as well with how it is written. It seems to leave a lot to loose interpretation and I'm knitting the 3- 6 month size and it says to repeat twice till you have 14 sts but I don't have enough stitches and I have worked back and I have done everything right, arrggghhh

    ReplyDelete